If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best super automatic espresso machine under $1000 is, the best pick that we recommend is the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine.
If you are someone who is short of time or just expects the coffee machine to do everything for you, then a super automatic espresso machine will be a great option. And what’s even better is that the superauto will provide you with the best espresso and consistent coffee with minimal effort. Over and over again.
At the press of a button, you can have anything – espresso, latte, cappuccino, americano and many more. Hassle-free and definitely a lot less messier.
In this article, we are going to review the following super automatic espresso machines under $1000:
|TopDe'Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine||Check Price|
|Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine||Check Price|
|Jura ENA 1 Automatic Coffee Machine||Check Price|
|De'Longhi Magnifica XS Fully Automatic Espresso Machine||Check Price|
|Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine||Check Price|
This video gives you an overview of what a Super Automatic Espresso Machine is all about.
So how do you go about choosing the super automatic coffee machine that will work best for you?
Choosing a Super Automatic Espresso Machine
There are many aspects to consider when you choose a super automatic espresso machine. Here are some of the important factors to think about when selecting the best espresso machines.
A super automatic espresso machine can be very expensive. Yet, it depends on what features you really need. If you don’t need some of the features, you can choose one that is less costly.
You can customize a super automatic as much as you want. Settings such as the grind size and amount, shot strength (single or double), brewing and steaming temperatures, and froth amount are some level of details that you can customize.
Some espresso machines allow you to set and save your favorite coffee drinks. This provides you with the convenience of getting the best espresso every time you want one. Some machines only allow standard programmes with little customization.
The controls on the super automatic espresso machines vary. Some are physical buttons while others have touch-screen interfaces. Those with physical buttons are generally cheaper. But those with touch-screen features allow ease of use and may be worth the added cost.
It is up to your liking and preference. Some espresso machines offer one-touch operation which is hassle-free. This can help you free up precious time especially in the morning as you prepare to go out.
You can choose to get a super automatic espresso machine with a built-in grinder. Grinders come with either blades or burrs. As a general rule, always go with a conical burr grinder for espresso machines as it grinds beans more consistently.
This is subjective and up to one’s preference. You can research user reviews or critiques from magazines, websites or social media to assess shot quality.
In this area, you can choose to go with either a built-in or removable brew group. The brew group is at the heart of the super automatic espresso machine where the actual brewing takes place.
With a removable brew group, you will find it easy to clean and do simple trouble-shooting. But that doesn’t mean a built-in brew group will be difficult to clean. It only means that the machine will do the cleaning for you, with the help of a cleaning tablet.
Milk – Automatic or Manual? Built-in?
Most espresso machines come with a steam wand for milk frothing. There are two milk systems that are available in super automatic espresso machines. Both are equally good so it is up to you to decide.
- Tube System – milk is transferred into the steaming unit using a tube. One end of the tube is connected to the milk container while the other end is to the machine itself.
- Carafe System – milk is contained in the carafe itself. Milk is steamed or frothed automatically before dispensing the milk into the coffee.
Do consider whether you want the machine to automatically steam/froth the milk for you. Or you can opt to do it on your own with a traditional steam wand. Machines with automatic steaming/frothing functions give you the hassle-free option and will benefit those short on time.
The size of the water tanks varies between machines. Larger water tanks mean less refills but adds cost to the price. So choose based on your own needs.
Like water tanks, larger hoppers mean you can fill them up with more beans. But this also means that you may have to store the coffee beans longer in the bean hopper depending on usage. As a general rule, try not to keep the coffee beans in the hopper longer than 3 days.
You can also choose to store lesser beans in the hopper but this defeats the purpose of having a larger bean hopper in the first place. Like the water tanks, choose based on your needs.
Ease of Cleaning
Super automatic espresso machines are generally easy to clean. You can opt for an espresso machine that can self-clean (using a cleaning tablet) or a machine that allows you to do-it-yourself.
Do research on the cleaning and maintenance processes before making your decision on which machine to get.
Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine Under $1000 Reviews
The following are the best espresso machines that we reviewed.
The De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine is a very popular choice and we recommend it as our best pick among the super automatic espresso machines. It’s easy to use, with manual controls that allows you to program settings such as the coffee strength and cup size.
The built-in conical burr grinder is adjustable to 14 settings, which can give you a very fine grind. Its patented direct-to-brew system allows you to instantly grind beans to produce fresh and high-quality espressos. We can also opt to use ground coffee instead of whole beans.
With the patented Cappuccino System, you can easily prepare your favorite coffee drinks using the steam wand. The system mixes steam and milk in a specific ratio to create the rich and creamy froth ideal for lattes and cappuccinos.
I found this machine an excellent choice for people who are searching for all these features packed in one compact and elegantly-designed device.
- Compact design – fits nicely in the kitchen or dining area
- Easy to use controls with programming adjustability
- Built-in milk frother
- Ease of cleaning with the removable brew group, water tank, drip tray and used coffee container
- Decalcification Indicator – you will know when it’s time to clean
- Huge water tank (up to 60oz) with front accessibility
- Comes with cup warmer and hot water spout
- Auto shut off features – adjustable between 15 minutes to 3 hours
- Double boiler system – no waiting time between making a latte and an espresso
- Some find the grinder a bit loud
- No water filter – this means you need to decalcify more frequently
- No display to show useful information
To learn more, read our De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine review.
This versatile fully automatic espresso machine is a delight to have at home. You can enjoy up to 5 different types of coffee at your fingertips. All hassle-free and in quick time.
Its unique high speed LatteGo system gives that silky smooth milk froth for your favorite milk-based coffee drink at just the right temperature. It uses a ceramic burr grinder that is adjustable to 12-step grinder levels – enough to grind your beans from anything extra fine to coarse.
The machine is easy to use with the intuitive touch display, giving you that one-touch operation which is hassle-free. We can adjust the settings such as the strength and quantity of our drinks using the My Coffee Choice menu.
- Compact and sleek design
- Easy to use – can personalize buttons
- Built-in milk frother
- Ease of cleaning with the removable brew group, 2 parts milk system with no tubes or other hidden parts, drip tray and coffee ground container; dishwasher safe too!
- Able to dispense hot water
- Comes with Aquaclean water filter
- Up to 5000 cups without descaling
- Fast and consistent coffee brewing
- Huge water reservoir (up to 60oz)
- Some wish it was quieter
- Size lever not high enough to fit in a travel mug
- No cup warmer
To learn more, read our Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine review.
The Jura ENA Micro 1 Automatic Coffee Machine is a compact, kitchen-friendly appliance and very simple to use. You can operate this machine easily with its one-touch operation that produces barista-quality specialties such as the Espresso and Ristretto. The touch panel allows you to choose between three user-defined cup sizes and two aroma levels. No frills and fuss free.
It has a professional conical burr grinder which ensures that your coffee grounds are infused and extracted optimally to produce the best tasting, aromatic and flavorful coffee. With the distinctive ThermoBlock Heating System, you will get instant heating of water to prepare your espresso within minutes.
Do bear in mind that this machine doesn’t come with a steam wand for milk steaming or frothing. But if you don’t fancy lattes and cappuccinos, then this machine is a great option.
- Compact and slim design – ideal for small spaces
- Easy to use one-touch operation
- Super quick – takes less than 5 minutes to make an espresso or coffee
- Multi-level conical grinder – can grind beans up to extra fine
- Can use either whole beans or pre-ground coffee
- Automatic cleaning prompts – you won’t miss any cleaning, descaling or rinsing cycle
- Automatic energy-saving mode – cuts down your electricity bill
- Small water storage (up to 37oz) – can only accessed from the back
- Small beans container (up to 7oz)
- Can only make single shots
To learn more, read our Jura ENA Micro 1 Automatic Coffee Machine review.
Another great machine in the De’Longhi line-up. Like our best pick, the De’Longhi Magnifica XS Full Automatic Espresso Machine impresses us with its delightful capability in brewing quality coffee drinks. So what are the important differences other than price?
The cappuccino system in the Magnifica XS produces great micro foam as it can inject extra air into the milk. This makes the foam better, which means better tasting cappuccinos.
The Magnifica XS has an adjustable coffee spout which can accommodate taller glasses (up to 5.5”). Personally, I don’t think this is a big feature but some people vouch for its usefulness.
The Magnifica XS comes with a water filter. This means you will descale the machine less frequently, but it also means that you need to fork out the extra cost.
- Compact and slim design
- Integrated professional conical burr grinder with up to 13 adjustable grind settings – grind anything between extra fine to coarse
- Adjustable manual controls – comes with pre-programmed settings for coffee drinks but you can also set your own settings
- Built-in milk frother
- Easy to use
- Ease of cleaning with the removable brew group, water tank, drip tray and coffee ground container
- Opt to use either whole beans or pre-ground coffee
- Large water tank (up to 60oz)
- Energy-saving mode
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Need to hold milk pitcher to steam or froth milk – this may be inconvenient to some
- Not compatible with oily coffee beans
To learn more, read our De’Longhi Magnifica XS Fully Automatic Espresso Machine review.
The Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine thrills us a lot. It is versatile as it can produce various coffee drinks such as espressos, americanos, lungos and milk-based coffee beverages.
It comes with a flat ceramic conical burr grinder that holds up to 8oz of beans. You can choose between 5 different grind sizes. Another feature is the Optiaroma, which allows you to select between 3 distinctive brew strengths (light, medium or strong). A great way for you to find that sweet spot for the perfect coffee.
You can steam or froth your milk to create your favorite milk-based drinks effortlessly with the efficient boiler system and rapid steam technology.
- Compact and robust machine – built to last
- Programmable user settings
- Built-in milk frother
- Opt to use whole beans or pre-ground coffee
- Adjustable coffee spout – can fit between 3.1” to 4.5” tall cups
- Easy of cleaning with removable parts
- Energy-efficient standby mode
- Small water reservoir (up to 40oz)
- Noisy grinding
- No water filter
To learn more, read our Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine review.
So which is the best super automatic espresso machine under $1000?
At this point, you should have a good understanding of how to choose the right super automatic espresso machine and which one works best for you.
Our best pick and recommendation for the best super automatic espresso machine under $1000 is the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine.
This is the best super automatic espresso machine under $1000 because it is more significant than most of the competition and highly regarded by many. It is the most sensible choice if you are always in a rush in the mornings and you just need your coffee to be ready as you are about to leave.
It is highly programmable, easy to operate and clean, and a well-built machine which is incredibly valuable to many coffee lovers like us who want a convenient and quick way for our best espresso fixes in the mornings.